Friday, January 2, 2009

The First Post...a day late

Hello! 

This is my first post in what I hope to be the blog record of my 2009 new years resolution...to attempt one homesteader activity every day of the year (my husband thinks the goal should be two things a week).  Unfortunately, as things go when busy on the homestead, I didn't get to setting up the blog yesterday (maybe my husband is right).  Today will have to suffice!

Jan 1st (yesterday)

My homesteading activity yesterday was more a cooking venture than anything else, but I made my first homemade cheesecake.  Okay, not the most homesteader like thing I could have done, but I had a tub of sour cream in the fridge that was already 2 days out of date and a bunch of stockpiled cream cheese in the cheese drawer.  It turned out okay.  Not the best cheese cake ever, but it is pretty tasty.  Unfortunately, I am short on time (I rushed to get this post in so as to not get DAYS behind) so I will not go into details here...perhaps tomorrow.

Jan 2nd (today)

Slow day today, too.  I tried to get the kiddos ready to go to the store so I could buy ingredients to can soup...that didn't happen.  I will do the first part of a marmalde recipe that I will can tomorrow, so I can give you all the details in tomorrows post.

Well, I didn't set the bar too high for a first post, did I?  I promise the information will get better as I go!

Smiles!

No comments:

Post a Comment